Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Garage Sale Treasure ~ A Photo Story


Hey guys! So, I'm not sure I really like this photostory all that much, but please read it and let me know what you think in the comments!

*********************************************
In Claire's POV


"Guys! Guys!" Kit cried as she ran into the room, "You won't believe what I found!"


"What is it, Kit?" Charlie responded.


"In the news paper today I found a list of garage sales in the area!" Kit said excitedly.


"And you're telling us this, because?" I said unenthusiastic.


"Yeah, are you expecting us to go, or something?" Taryn asked from her bed.


"Come on! I just want to look but I can't go by myself!" Kit pleaded.


"I think she's right! sometimes you can get really great stuff for cheap. Plus it'll be like family bonding time!" Charlie said.


"Oh, great. A waste of my day." I thought sourly.

**********************************************




Kit giggled as she looked through all the stuff on the table.


"Ooo. Ahhh." Taryn commented over and over again.


"Remember. We're only here to look. Not to buy." Charlie warned.



"Can we leave now?" I asked.
No one seemed to listen.



"He he." Charlie giggled, "How do I look."



"Great," Kit answered, "How about me?"

And it went on like this for another half hour, the longest half hour of my life.
Then we went to three more sales

At the Fourth Sale...






Taryn sighed as she reclined in a chair.



"Ooo! I love the colour!" Charlie exclaimed.



Kit was going up and down the table saying something about everything she saw.



"This is so dumb." I thought as I leaned against the table.



When I leaned against the table I knocked a hat down, but as I bent to pick it up, a scream from Kit made me jump.



"I found it! I found it! Finally!" Kit cried.
"What?" I asked, not seeing anything to get excited about.
"Oh, but I didn't bring any money. Claire! Can you lend me $3.50?!" Kit pleaded.



I was going to say 'no' but I eventually had to give in to the puppy dog eyes.



Finally, we went home.



"I can't believe I finally found one!" Kit said, for the millionth time.



"You still haven't told us what it is!" Taryn said.



"That's because I'd rather show than tell." Kit said, mysteriously.



Kit walked over to the table and set down the weird-looking box.



She deftly began push buttons and turning dials on the front of the box.




Soon, she put a disk on top of the box and press one more button.



Then a terrible sound exploded out!
We all covered our ears as Kit turned it off.



"I don't know what could be wrong." Kit said sadly, "I wounder if I could get it fixed?"



"Well, it's a good thing we know someone who can fix anything!" Taryn exclaimed.
"Who?" Kit asked.
"Claire!" Taryn answered.



"Claire? Would you?" Kit asked.
And for the second time that day the puppy dog eyes won.
"Fine." I said.



I set it on my shelf and stared at it.
"Well, I guess I should get to work." I said.

Two and a Half Hours Later...



I finally fixed it...I hope.
I set the round disk on top and waited.
And the most surprising thing happened, it played my favorite song!

Later...


"Hey, guys! Kit called as she came into the room, but she stopped as she heard the music.


"Claire!" she gasped, "Did you fix my record player?"


"No. I didn't know you had a record player." I answered.


"Th - the one you lent me money for." Kit stammered in confusion.


"Oh, you mean my record play that I just bought and fixed!" I said.


"What!? But I thought you said you don't like old stuff!" Kit cried.


"A girl can change her mind." I answered.


The End.

Comments

  1. I love it! That last part made me grin - fantastic! I ♥ garage sales! I never even thought about my dolls having one!
    ~ Light4theLord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I loved this! Taryn and Claire, seriously, why are you so unenthusiastic about going to a garage sale? I love garage sales...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, I don't understand either. XD I'm glad you enjoyed.
      ~ The Human

      Delete
  3. LOL that is so cute! Poor Kit, I guess she's not getting her record player back. I love garage sales! They're awesome!!!
    -Katie :)

    http://alldolldupbykat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I don't know why you didn't like this post, but I thought this photo story was great! :)

    ~justAG
    https://justagd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess I just wasn't sure about the story line.
      ~ The Human

      Delete
  5. *sighs happily* I just love your photos. They're so beautiful. I adore gazing at them.

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are seriously to sweet! Thank you so much!
      ~ The Human

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts