Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Last Chance ~ Part 1






Kit's Point of View.


Old songs, none but me, remembered hummed softly out of the old radio.


I wish I could have said goodbye. I thought as I looked at the little picture.


Grace whined at me but, I was too busy to notice.


Just one more time...just to explain.... 


"Hey, Kit. Have you seen Charlie's, oh..." Claire's sentence broke off as she noticed Kit's tears.


"Oh, um. Am I uh, interrupting something?" Claire asked.


"No." I said, quickly wiping away the tears. 


"Um, are you sure you're OK?" Claire asked.


"See this?" I replied, "She is my best friend and-"


"OK, not that I don't care," Claire interrupted, "But you'll have to tell the story like twenty times if you don't do it when everyone is listening. let's just get everyone so you only have to tell it once."


"Um, sure." I agreed.

Twenty minutes later....

You wouldn't believe how long it takes to get four girls, two dogs, and two cats into one room and have all of them quiet at the same time.


Even after twenty minutes, it was obvious that Claire was more interested in her phone.


"Well here goes." I thought.


So I began.
"A few months ago, I was outside the orphanage where I lived. I was waiting for my friend to meet me. We always meet outside and we had special code names that only we knew. As I was waiting, a bright light started to shine, and a whirring noise. Then there was a 'bang' and it was no longer 1934. I was here and my friend, Ruthie, was there. And now she is friendless and alone in that terrible orphanage and I couldn't tell her where I was going or say goodbye."


"Oh Kit," Charlie cried, as she hugged me. "That's awful."
"Thanks, Charlie," I said, "But I just wish I could go back and tell her I didn't abandon her."


"You could you know." Taryn whispered mischievously.


"Wait, are you saying you still have..." Claire mumbled.


"The time machine." Taryn said.
And the weight of the words fell on me.
I had another chance.


"Wait wait wait." Charlie said, "I thought I told you to get rid of the time machine."


"You did, but I didn't." Taryn replied with a smile. "but, it's up to Kit. Kit, do you want to try going back one more time?"


"Let's do it." I answered.

***************************************


I slipped the picture of Ruthie into my bag, and I was ready to go.


I was dressed how I was when I first got here.
It felt strange...


The others were all grouped around something I couldn't see.


"Ahem." I cleared my throat.


"Oh, hi Kit!" Charlie said as she turned around, "Can I talk to you for a sec?"
"Um, OK." I replied.


Charlie sighed and then said, "Kit, this is your last chance."


"Um what? I don't think I understand..." I said.


"Well, after you come back I'm going to get rid of the time machine, so if you come back with out Ruthie.... well, I guess what I mean is be careful." Charlie stuttered. 


"Thanks. I will." I said, then I turned towards the others.


As I stood waiting for Taryn to finish... whatever she was doing, Claire came up to me.
"Um, Hey," She began awkwardly, "I just um thought you should have this."  And she handed me her cell phone.  "I don't know if it will work from the 30's but you can try."


"But, you got that for your birthday... I can't take it! What if I don't come back!" I protested.
Claire shook her head.
"I want you to take it." she said. Her cheeks had turned red.


I nodded.
"Thanks." I said as I took the phone and put it in my bag.
"Sure thing." Claire answered.


"Alright, Taryn, I'm ready. Are you?" I asked.
"I think so." Taryn answered, "Just step on these footprints right here."


"Like this?" I asked as I stepped on.
"Good. Grace has to stand on these ones." Taryn said, pointing to the paw prints.


Grace whined and backed away, she seemed afraid of the time machine. 
I felt afraid of it too.


"Come on, Grace. It won't hurt you."
I wished I felt as sure as I sounded.


Grace finally got on, then the computer of the time machine, Aster, said, "Welcome, Kit and Grace."


"Taryn?" I asked quietly.
"Huh, what's up?" Taryn said.
"Well..." Charlie's warning was ringing in my ears. "Are you sure this is going to work?" I mumbled.


"Dunno." Taryn shrugged, "I haven't tried it yet."


"Wait what?" I asked.
"Aw it'll be fine." Taryn said, hitting a button on the keyboard.


The door popped open sending Grace and me sprawling on the floor.
Grace jumped up and growled at the time machine and Charlie hurried forward to help me up.


"I'm fine!" I said, as I got up.
I stood and stared at the open door of the time machine.


"Well, what are you waiting for?! Get in!" Taryn cried excitedly.


So I took a deep breath and got inside.


Grace whimpered as she climbed in beside me.


The doors closed and Aster said, "Preparing to travel to 1934. Confirm?"
"Let's do it!" I said.
And there was a bright light, and a bang, and everything was black.


The End of Part 1

Comments

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! RUTHIE?!? OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait for part 2!!!!!
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. got. Ruthie!?!?! WOW!!! CONGRATS! I love her eye color.... :)

    ~justAG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe... XD Thanks, we do too!
      ~ The Human and Little Human

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! This was so amazing, it really got my attention! I need to find out everything that happens! Eesh, The Human is just too good at writing.

    ❤️Diamond
    P.S. you’ve been nominated!
    https://buildabearsfurever.blogspot.com/2018/03/bi-monthly-birthdays-and-awards.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hee hee. Next week. >:) Thank you so much! You don't know how much that means to me! <3
      ~The Human
      P.S. Cool! Thank you. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts