Skip to main content

Featured Post

House of Spooks ~ Halloween Special

Hey guys. Happy Halloween! I'm super proud of this story, I just love how it turned out, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. I just give a really quick thank you to my awesome neighbors for letting me shot in this old house on their land. ❤️ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Any aces?" "Nope, go fish." "Hey, Em! You ready to go?" Emerson asked as she and Candy walked into the kitchen. Emily turned in her seat, "Emerson, I already told you, you're fourteen years old I'm sixteen years old. I'm not taking you trick-or-treating." "But Emily, Candy is still thirteen. This is her last chance to go out on Halloween, but her mom said she could only go if I went with her, and Mom said I can only go if you go!" Emerson argued. "Yeah, but Janet and I have plans." Emily replied. 'Where you going to play 'Go Fis

Last Chance ~ Part 3



Hey guys, here's the links to the previous parts:

And now, please enjoy. :)

In Ruthie's POV
**********************************************


I groaned as I slumped against the dining room wall.
My hair was pulled back out of the way, while I was doing my morning chores. It was so messy now, but I hardly even noticed.


I was never this tired, unless it was bedtime, so my hands automatically groped for my book.
It wasn't there, of course. It was hidden under my blankets in my room.


I looked across the room, to the children who were eating lunch.
See, the orphanage's Matron, Mrs. Prescott, has explained to us all that, 'There is no longer enough donation money coming in for us all to have three meals a day. So from now on we will take turns have meals, so that everyone will only have one meal a day.'
But Kit and I knew better.
One day we hid in her closet and watched her count the donations and stuff half of them in her own pocket.

  
I sat quietly in my corner thinking.
'What will happen when Kit comes back?' I thought, 'How will she get us all out of here? What is she doing? Why hasn't she come back yet?'


I sighed, 'Maybe she isn't coming back.' 
Everyone had been telling me to give up hope. 
'But I have to trust. He's going take care of me one way or another.'


Then I overheard my roommates talking.
"She what I mean?" Mary whispered, "She always does this when she's thinking about her."
Mary was right. I thought about Kit a lot...maybe too much.


All eyes turned as someone opened the door and walked in.


"Hey, losers!" Teresa Prescott exclaimed happily.
Teresa is the matron's daughter.



She walked to the middle of the room and took a swig of her milkshake.



"Mmm. This tastes amazing!" Teresa sighed.
I could hear Mary's stomach growling from here.



I groaned and looked away, trying to think of anything but food.



"Hey, 23." Teresa addressed me.
I had been name-stripped. 
When did something really bad, the Matron replaced your name with a number.
Mine was 23.


"Good morning, Teresa." I replied, in the required fashion, "What can I do for you?"



"Not for me, my mom wants you outside." Teresa chirped gaily.



"Oh, um," I stuttered in surprise. 'What have I done?!' My mind raced. I was being an angel while Kit was gone.
"Do you know what she wants?" I asked, casually.



"Nope too busy with this lovely, lovely, milkshake." Teresa sighed again, as she took another sip, "Just follow me."



And so I followed her with a settled feeling of dread.


The End of Part Three

It's good to be back. :)
~ The Human


Comments

  1. Uh-oh,
    Ruthies in trouble. I can’t wait to see where this goes! And, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Happy you're back :D oh no! Why is Ruthie in trouble?! Taryn's sunglasses are amazing XD oh! I made that milkshake! Can't wait for the next part :)
    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts